TVR Tour of Spain and Portugal
Our 20th Year!!
3-14 April 2024
Every year since 2004 a committed band of TVR owners have been searching for the best drives in Spain—we have always succeeded in finding roads which some say are as good as the Stelvio. Every year we stop off at the Circuito de Guadix for an exclusive trackday. Clive Greenhalgh who owns the circuit used to be a TVR dealer—we get a great reception.
This is not a convoy drive trip, people drive at their own pace, with friends or alone as they wish, the roadbook gives a suggested route but there are no rules—all you have to do is get to the next hotel—have a convivial evening and get up the next day and do it all again! This year we have decided to put in some of the great cities of Spain—Toledo and Merida with Granada and Santiago de Compostella close to the route.
Good company, historic hotels and the best driving in Europe!
- Wed 3 April – Afternoon departure from Plymouth on Brittany Ferries Pont Aven
- Thurs 4 April – Arrive in Santander, then drive 150 miles to Lerma to stay in the Parador – the C17th Palace of the Dukes of Lerma. Dominating one side of the Plaza Major, Lerma is a great spot to start a Spanish Tour
- Fri 5 April – Drive 230 miles over the mountains to Toledo to stay at the Parador which has unique and breathtaking views over this world heritage City. There will be time to visit the Alcazar, the Cathedral, the El Greco collection or do some shopping!
- Sat 6 April – Drive 260 miles on lovely sweeping roads with outstanding views to Andalucia. We will be stopping for two nights at Hotel Hacienda Senorio de Nevada which is a wine themed hotel with a breathtaking view of the mountains.
- Sun 7 April – Trackday at Circuito MikeG at Guadix. We have the circuit exclusively booked for this trip and we may be joined by some local owners
- Mon 8 April – Drive 260 miles to Merida, the capital of Extramadura for a night at the Parador.Merida is a lovely town with much to explore—it has the best preserved Roman ruins in Spain
- Tues 9 April- Drive into Portugal to Belmonte—185 miles. A firm favourite from previous tours, Belmonte is a haven of peace with wonderful views and exquisite food
- Wed 10 April – Drive 220 miles to Baiona on the Atlantic coast. This is a fortified house on a promontory with castellated walls all around and the sea on three sides. We have two nights so you can easily do a drive out to Santiago de Compostella or Porto
- Fri 12 April – Drive 230 miles to the Parador at Corias—a huge monastery recently converted into a hotel. The drive there has absolutely spectacular views and great driving via Ourense and Ponferrada
- Sat 13 April – Drive 180 miles to Santander for a lunchtime embarkation on Brittany Ferries. There is quite a lot of motorway so a timely arrival should present no significant challenge
- Sun 14 April – Evening arrival at Portsmouth
Tour Booking & Information
Price £3600.00 per car with two people
To include ferry crossing with outside cabin, dinner bed and breakfast at all hotels as well as trackday which is priced per car not per driver. Special prices for solo drivers and those not wishing to use the ferry— if you don’t drive a TVR at present talk to us, it’s for current, past and future drivers, so we’ll try to fit you in!
To book contact Jasper
Tel:+44 (0) 1442 842542
Mob: 07831 327727